The Operations Project Manager is accountable for driving the optimal return on Operations investment for the BID Division (Instruments) by utilizing best in class project, financial and resource information, enabling optimal decision making. The position will report directly to the BID Instruments Lead.
- Develop project plans containing complete scope of work identifying all project requirements, tasks, resource assignments and an accurate estimate for task completion
- Create/update project plans (Gantt charts) as needed
- Working with Operations to initiate new projects, monitor delays, identify and track areas of constraint related to instrumentation
- Manage expense and capital spending associated with projects
- Lead, motivate and inspire project cross-functional team members
- Provide meeting minutes and action items to team
- Communicate status and updates for projects – keep stake holders informed of project progress and potential roadblocks
- Coordinate projects from initiation through delivery; planning and directing completion of all required product development activities or project deliverables
- Present projects for approval
- Coordinates team efforts to develop and document design history files per design control requirements
- Special projects, as assigned by Manager.
- BS/BA Degree, Engineering or Technical Field preferred
- 2 years of Project Management experience or master’s degree in relevant field
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications; Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), demonstrated team leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated budget responsibilities
- Highly self-motivated, flexible, able to follow through, and can work under pressure with associated deadlines
- Organized, detail oriented and proactive
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in successfully creating top quality work under aggressive timelines
- Ability to work with many different types of personalities
- Ability to travel (<5%)
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form in an effective manner.
- Ability to multi-task and have exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to network in an effective and professional manner with external companies and within the internal organization.
- Demonstrate good team-building skills.