Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of UPLC/HPLC systems.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences or related field preferred
- 3 years hands-on experience as a Field Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with Liquid Chromatography.
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 50% within the territory or other areas as required
Location: The territory primarily covers North Carolina. Overnight travel is required. The positions is ideally based in RTP, NC area.