Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and
The Clinical Analysis Division (CAD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an ambitious Financial Analyst to join Division Financial Planning and analysis (FP&A) Team. The Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) business is involved in material and chemical identification via Elemental Analysis as well as Environment & Process Monitoring. It comprises the following Business Units: Minerals & Mining; Field and Safety Instruments and Environmental & Process Monitoring.
As a Financial Analyst you will work closely with finance and business leadership to help them achieve financial commitments. In addition you will:
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends and make recommendations to drive improvement.
- Consolidate the weekly and monthly actuals as well as monthly forecasts for the Division
- Assist with the preparation of finance and business presentations, including monthly and quarterly business review schedules
- Support our Annual Budgeting (AOP) process
- Involved in Profitability improvement initiatives and identify profitability drivers
- Improve on data aggregation tools with a focus on improving reports and processes.
- Develop financial tracking for new products revenue and other related metrics, provide analysis on R&D spending to improve product vitality
- Work closely with key business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals.
- Support ad-hoc internal, division, group, and corporate requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration
- 2-3 years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting preferably within a large, matrixed organization
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, process good judgement, and prioritize projects and time effectively
- Commitment to continuous learning, career progression and development, embrace additional responsibilities and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers, and upper management
- Effective oral and written communication skills; The ability to communicate analysis and recommendation to management is required
- Exhibit leadership potential, initiative, and the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values for Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
- Excel expertise with advanced knowledge of pivots, charts, formulas and modelling
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management or other financial databases preferred