This Project Engineer is the responsible system owner of the site HVAC, Dust Collection, House Vacuum, and Reheat Water.
- Responsible for the establishment of long-term strategy, including implementation of capital projects, to upgrade and improve reliable operations and cGMP compliance.
- Provide technical support during client and regulatory audits and assist contract maintenance organization (when needed) to troubleshoot and correct daily operating issues.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the site utility systems, including DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ and change control of all plant utilities and utility components.
- Responsible for capital projects related to the upgrade of the utility systems to ensure reliable and, where required, cGMP compliant operation.
- Direct and oversee support personnel and contractors as required to provide the necessary project management in order to maintain cost effective and reliable plant utility systems.
B.S in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
3-5 years of experience working in a mechanical/HVAC systems and capital project management for facility or process equipment projects in a manufacturing environment.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Must be able to read and interpret enfineering drawings, utility/facility/equipment qualification and possess the ability to effectively interact with clients. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and computer skills. Effective written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Strong leadership, time management and verbal skills. Ability to work with deadlines. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be organized. Experience in a pharmaceuatical manufacturing environment and possessing knowledge of cGMPs, regulatory compliance and manufacturing equipment preferred.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.