As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting a Software Designer to join our international team of experts developing a new and revolutionary In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) medical device.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Design and implementation of Windows server and application software including communication links, interfaces and integration to cloud
- Participating in software architecture and interface decisions as a team member
- Designing and implementing best coding practices, such as unit tests and source code reviews
- Interfacing and communicating with other teams and stakeholders locally and globally
- Documenting software requirements, architecture and design in compliance with relevant medical device standards
Requirements for your experience, competencies and education are:
- Several years of work experience in modern .NET / C# development
- Knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns and database modeling
- Practice in database application development and network protocol implementation
- Familiarity with automated unit and integration testing
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Master's degree (M.Sc.) or equivalent in Computer Science, Automation, Medical technology or other applicable field
The following technologies and tools are familiar to you:
- Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
- SQL Server
- Entity Framework
- Windows OS
- Git / Team Foundation Server (TFS)
We are looking for a proactive team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills. You enjoy working with high technology products and have a passion for software development. We offer you a possibility to work in an exciting global project with cutting edge software development tools and technologies. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 49358BR. Candidates are reviewed during the process. Please apply by August 13, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Katja Pesola, R&D Manager, Software, +358432111317 or firstname.lastname@example.org on August 10 at 12-13 or August 11 at 9-10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join