Participates in projects in support of development of new products, evaluation of new technology, Sustaining and reagent in-sourcing activities for the MicroArray Business Unit within the Genetic Sciences Division in Life Sciences Solutions Group
- Designs and performs laboratory experiments in support of the Microarray Business Unit
- Ability to plan and execute problem solving and troubleshooting experiments.
- Works closely with Staff Scientist
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques relevant to the MA Business Unit
- Independently writes technical methods for production, testing, and use of new products.
- Performs data collection and data analysis and trending.
- Maintain a detailed lab notebook and present your findings in a group setting
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
- Has a strong knowledge of relevant scientific fields including nucleic acid isolation, nucleic acid hybridization, PCR, and enzyme characterization
- Demonstrates mastery of laboratory methods and shows ability to develop new methods.
- Analyzes experimental data, and effectively explains conclusions. Designs and executes follow-on experiments independently.
- Uses word processing, graphing, presentation and spreadsheet programs effectively.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills through formal and informal discussions with peers, supervisor, and team.
- Works with managers and peers to develop and execute a research program.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree with 3-5 years of experience or
- Masters of Science degree with 1-3 years of experience