When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific recognizes that digital enablement has the power to change the way our customers work – providing them with unmatched capabilities for commerce, services, and innovation to drive productivity and ultimately power science. We are moving forward with a Vision to be the world’s leading digital science company. In order to recognize our Vision, we are looking to significantly enhance our digital footprint and customer offerings.
As our company accelerates its digital technology offerings, a critical organization for our continued future success is Digital Product Management. The digital product management team, led by the Vice President of Digital Product Management and Customer Insights, drives the capability and features strategy throughout our digital ecosystem. Creating meaningful and powerful digital experiences on behalf of our customers drives the digital product management team.
As the Senior Product Manager for Asset and Instrument Management, you are pivotal in creating a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way—where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science. The Senior Product Manager for Asset and Instrument Management will report into the Director of Product Management, Lab Operations Management, focused on creating an industry-leading digital customer experience that optimizes lab operations management. Lab management is a key strategic area where we utilize digital technology to create the world’s leading scientific ecosystem that will provide science with unmatched productivity, capability and quality.
- Define a product vision and strategy that aligns with overall asset and instrument management business goals, that meet customer needs, and contribute to meeting key performance indicators
- Develops a product roadmap that aligns with stakeholder expectations and resource availability
- Engages external corporate customers and end users to understand their needs and how they can best be served through product capabilities
- Monitors market, competitive, and technology trends and capabilities to shape strategy and roadmaps
- Engage with stakeholders to develop business justification and obtain necessary buy-in and approval to move efforts forward
- Presents strategy, roadmaps, QBR, and status updates to leadership on regular basis
- Prioritizes work efforts and provides high-level requirements for product execution teams
- Works with other internal groups to bring product roadmap to life including UX, engineering, QA, analytics, legal, business units, marketing and others.
- Establish functional KPIs and monitor on regular basis to determine direction and provide justification for proposed efforts as well as to report results of previous efforts
- Develop capabilities across channels (desktop, mobile, tablet, etc), platforms, and regional sites
- 6-8 years of relevant industry experience with a minimum of a bachelor degree. Advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 4 years Product Management experience with lab management, lab services, or instrument and asset management platform environments developing product strategy and with a demonstrable track record of roadmap delivery
- Strong customer and CX focus
- Track record in working to quantifiable targets and goal orientation
- Influential communicator and skilled operator in a matrixed environment
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate priorities and resources across a complex global organization
- Ability to effectively engage across organizational levels from executives to technical teams
- Strong executive presence with good presentation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Global mindset
- Product management experience within Life Sciences or similar environment
- Experience working on global products that have regional considerations
- Experience developing products across desktop, mobile, kiosk, instruments and other devices
- Experience in service or support
- Experience with predictive analytics
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) or Lab of Things (LoT)
- Experience working within Agile methodologies
- Experience working within a SAFe framework
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.