At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Sales Representative is responsible for the sales of research products and services within a defined territory, serving customers engaged in pharmaceutical, biomedical, chemical, and other fields of research and development, as well as quality assurance labs such as in food and environmental testing. The Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
- Manages territory to ensure effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the territory; Develops sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Aware of competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduce new products and services
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability, experience in negotiation
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
- 6+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
- Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join