When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position can be based in either Tewksbury or Franklin, MA or remote.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for the sales of FSI products and services primarily via the telephone but also utilizing email, and occasional in person meetings within a defined territory. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for serving customers engaged in radiation detection dominant markets like state & federal law enforcement agencies & first responders, industrial, scrap metal, and nuclear power plants/DOE facilities. The Inside Sales Representative maintains effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts.
What will you do?
· Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources (field sales & technical service) to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of internal resources
· Develop and execute sales strategies and plans to expand business within assigned territory; Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
· Perform sales calls with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory primarily by phone, but face-to-face customer meetings may be required
· Research competitor, grant funding and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
· Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
· Maintain accurate pipeline of opportunities within SFDC, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
· Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems; perform other tasks assigned by manager
· Implements customer specific action plans, working with technical support and Regional Sales Managers to close business
How will you get here?
- 3-5 years of sales experience, preferably in radiation & Chemical measurement products
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with a technical degree in safety, EH&S, environmental science or science
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer
- Must be willing to travel to customer locations, if needed
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.