How will you make an impact?
With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition—accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world
• Develop and maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
• Independently make decisions, but also utilize available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources; Seeks out broader relationships within the account to help facilitate networking and prospecting
• Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
• Researches competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data into the business plan; Introduce new products and services
• Manage pricing and negotiates within territory to control profitability
• Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory
• Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems, perform other tasks assigned by manager
• Inform customers of supply and price trends and assist in inventory control, consults with customers
• Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
• 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the sciences or equivalent work experience.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office and the internet
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
• Strong industry, pharmaceutical and science background preferred
• Must be able and willing to travel to customer locations
• Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position is not considered for Relocation Assistance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join