As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We are looking for a new colleague who will:
- Conduct root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process issues.
- Analyze non-conformance trends to select improvement priorities and evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality and environmental health and safety management system.
- Conduct internal audits including product inspections. Determine, execute proper corrective actions. Validate their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Train and mentor various teams on quality tools (8D, FMEA as examples)
- Provide responses on quality issues and actions to requests from Service, Sales and Customers
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Create and maintain IMS documentation such as manuals, quality procedures, etc.
- Support ISO and other certification activities
- Lead projects
We are looking for a self directed, confident, analytical and flexible person with:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and min. 3 year experience.
- Demonstrated results in improving quality in manufacturing or development processes
- Ability to manage complex projects from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, 6-sigma), auditing experience (leading internal or supplier audits), and statistical methods.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 for Inspection and Quality Controls
- Capable of providing solid analysis of data that may involve multiple factors and cross-functional areas.
- Strong personal moral and ethics code, proactive, overall positive personality, and creativity in solving various complex situations in technical and social areas.
- Very good communications skills and be able to work effectively with cross functional teams on projects including international and multicultural teams and suppliers and customers.
- Fluent English.
- Valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required and be ready to adjust working time to accommodate communication needs with other regions. Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Willingness to work in a clean room environment.
Nice to have:
- Internal auditor of ISO 9001 and 14001 compliance