When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The applicant will participate in the design, implementation, integration and test of embedded software applications in various RTOS and development environments for use in analytical instruments. Responsibilities include embedded system design, code development, test code development, initial board bringup, unit test, and integration with target hardware platforms for our end-customer markets.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform all phases of embedded software development including design, implementation, testing, integration and maintenance for our company’s scientific instruments
- Work with project management and/or technical lead to translate customer product requirements into technical tasks for new product designs
- Collaborate with project management, SQA and other engineering groups to ensure on-time delivery of quality products
- Interface with product management and customer representatives during project development phase to ensure firmware functionality and specification accuracy
- Engage in design and architecture review and create and maintain technical documentation
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field or Bachelors Degree with 3 years experience developing firmware for embedded systems – including hardware/software integration.
- Experience with ARM based microprocessors, especially the NXP Kinetis series of processors, as well as the TI 67xx DSP family is desireable.
- Experience with embedded systems development for analytical instrumentation a plus.
- Experience in circuit design is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Strong embedded systems development skills including low level hardware interface, DMA and interrupts
- Proficient in interpreting schematics and use of circuit debug tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to develop and troubleshoot designs
- Proficient in development forsystem interconnect busses such as PCI, i2c, SPI, USB
- Proficient in defining embedded software architecture and communication protocols
- Desire and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary development team that is part of a multi-disciplinary development effort
- Highly motivated team player and with a strong desire for continuous learning and broadening knowledge base
- Knowledge of motor control is a plus
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet and WiFi is a plus
- Knowledge of C# and .NET framework is a plus
- Knowledge of configuring Linux and Android OS builds is a plus