The Scientist I will be responsible for the production of fluorescently labeled bioconjugates, including chemical modification and conjugation to antibodies and recombinant proteins, and purification of bioconjugates. This individual will function as an integral member of the Manufacturing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
As an associate of the function, this individual will assure that work is performed in accordance with production schedules, perform hands-on manufacturing tasks and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, conduct multiple production runs at one time, and be well organized. Specific responsibilities include:
• Learn and comply with policies and procedures set forth by departmental Standard of Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Prepare and initiate all procedures and documents under supervision
• Carry out and optimize appropriate methods for the conjugation, purification and characterization of bioconjugates under supervision
• Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
• Input data and observations into database accurately and efficiently
• Maintain lab supply inventory and re-order as needed
• Bachelor of Science degree in Biology or related field; 0-3 years experience in a lab environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Scientist I candidate ideally will have experience in a variety of areas to support the business objectives:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products with emphasis on Excel, Outlook and Word
• Strong laboratory mathematical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player (demonstrated experience working in support of a successful project team)
• Demonstrated experience leading or supervising a group of individuals to support business goals
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Occasional use of a step-stool is required to reach for objects. Close vision is required. While performing duties of this position, employee will occasionally work with fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.