Job Title: Project Manager Electronics
Job Location: Hyderabad, India
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Technical Manager for Embedded Firmware sustenance projects
- Lead and provide technical leadership to the electronics team
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams like service and Quality to analyse and resolve field failures
- Develop Project Plan, Risk Management and other requirements as per Business unit specific process
- Meet the key business KPI/metrics for the project
- Work with global teams in delivering solutions and manage team by providing technical guidance
- Bachelors’ degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Preferred PMP or equivalent certification
- 12-15 years of firmware development experience, including hardware interfacing. Experience with device drivers, software/hardware diagnostics
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in with PID closed-loop controller design and tuning
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ & assembly for embedded systems, including development of algorithms
- Strong working knowledge analyzing complex firmware and hardware issues
- Technical leadership to provide technical guidance, code review, debugging, provide coaching and development for the team
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Highly organized – self, team & execution style - Ability to develop clarity around the facts and finely articulate specifics - It should be Concise, Specific, measurable & Specify project impacts
- Strong working knowledge of firmware development, verification, system failure analysis, embedded systems design
- Experience with common micro-controller peripherals such as I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
- Oversee/review software test plans, test procedures and execute software verification and validation tests
- Ensure that embedded software is developed and documented in accordance with internal SOPs (e.g. Design Control) and international standards such as ISO 13485 and IEC 62304
- Competent in the Embedded tool-chains such as GCC, IAR, Code Warrior, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to understand field failure of the product and do root cause analysis and corrective logic and algorithm
- Must have experience in software architecture and modular code structure for code reuse, portability and maintenance
- Fair knowledge on Compliance\\regulatory requirements of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge & Competency with assembly language and Schematics
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.