As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 67,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The position supports the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD), with a primary focus on the Life Sciences business. We deliver a full spectrum of analytical tools that enable our customers to accelerate innovation and enhance productivity. Our analytical methods like electron microscopy, molecular and elemental spectroscopy and 2D/3D imaging software drive deeper materials insights.
As the Meetings and Events Specialist you will be accountable for partnering with key stakeholders to support and/or plan a variety of assigned events, tactics and activities for the Materials and Structural Analysis Division in Europe. These events include small to mid-sized customer facing events, commercial exhibitions and internal events. This position is ideal for persons who can demonstrate professional communication and coordination skills; are passionate about the dynamic interaction between many business areas and deliver the Thermo Fisher Scientific experience to many customers/visitors. You assure that event targets are met and evaluate each program. It will also be essential to closely work with the divisional events team to develop, roll-out and establish aligned Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s) across the division.
- Work with MSD Life Sciences teams to provide the coordination of internal/external events, including but not limited to: tradeshows, customer receptions, local/international conferences, user meetings, and sales trainings
- Work with MSD commercial and product marketing / marcom to develop and oversee delivery of effective customer facing events (tradeshows, seminar series, road shows, customer receptions) to support regional sales plan.
- Work collaboratively with MSD regional Marcom Manager and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Understand exhibit house processes to ensure timely booth arrangements: Oversee the coordination of the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), management of the event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
- Coordination/Hosting of event project calls with involved business areas to fine-tune event objectives; prepare for decisions and keeping everyone in sync.
- Coordinate hotel and transportation logistics for event attendee and staff (includes; venue selection, contract negotiation, execution and budget reconciliation); manage the approval process for attendees per event.
- Capturing and publication of events on our internal company-wide Global Events Calendar management (MSD GEC)
- Manage expenses to budget. Communicate budget status on a regular basis. Timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
- Ensure leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned MSD business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool.
- Execute and conduct post event analysis
Ensure cost-effective event implementation, high quality, post-event assessment for future decisions on participation.
- Provide on-site event support when necessary duration can range between 1-7 days.
- Actively participate in the yearly Workshop for MSD Event Management.
- Coordinate as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
- Consult within and support the Annual Events Plan with the Life Sciences Marcom partners
- Contribute to divisional MSD Event KPI reporting and evaluating
- Align with to divisional events team to develop, and roll-out Standard Operation Procedures
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, events/hospitality or related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience as an event lead
- 4+ years of event management and/or marketing communications experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably for a U.S. based company.
- Life Sciences and Pharma market experience is a plus
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills, as well as superior interpersonal/relationship skills – intercultural skills and experience a plus along with strong customer orientation.
- Experienced specialist with a full understanding of industry practices
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point and SharePoint (Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus)
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Proficiency in event registration software (Cvent a plus)
- Experience with budget management and financial tracking
- High level of intensity and comfort level with change
- Have a cooperative team approach but able to work independently
- Able to lift and transport at least 30-40 lbs. of weight
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally with valid passport
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.