Responsible for establishing, distribution, and management of the weekly and monthly production plan and schedules for short and long-range manufacturing load and critical product manufacturing processes for the site. All site priority decisions in regards to production are reviewed and scheduled via the production scheduler, who coordinates sales and operations in the common pursuit of superior customer service to achieve site OTD (On Time Delivery) and revenue goals.
Production Planning & Scheduling
· Establishes and manages daily, weekly, and monthly production scheduling process MPS (Master Production Schedule), MRP (Material Requirement Planning) and CAP (Capacity Planning) for the site and adjusts schedules accordingly to deliver site goals and objectives.
· Works daily with Project and Production Management for optimal efficiency to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
· Monitors performances against the MPS and the production plan and reconciles the MPS to the production plan as required
· Conducts Rough Cut Capacity Requirement Planning; analyzes site capacity requirements, identifies mid-long term bottlenecks and discusses corrective action
· Provides “what if” capacity and schedules analysis as needed for changing demand requirements, staffing constraints, and new customer project awards to support efficient and timely delivery of all business needs.
· Conducts statistics analysis, production scenario planning & modeling with various customers demand to recommend optimal production plan to minimize cost and maximum operations output
· Ensures appropriate and timely communication to management when schedule adjustments and delays happen to align on priorities
· Organizes and facilitates weekly scheduling meeting to drive improved performance in schedule readiness and schedules adherence metrics for the site
· Provides inputs & recommends scheduling adjustments to management supporting changing business needs or customer requests; resolves trade-offs, with top management if required
· Aligns production plan with S&OP; back-up facilitator for S&OP meeting with management as needed
· Coordinates timing of raw material requirements to adhere to the MPS
· Provides clear and concise communication of planning priorities and production schedules to achieve site revenue and OTD (On Time Delivery) goals
· Coordinates with Project Managers, Production, and BM to ensure deliveries for all customers are satisfied.
· Manages and shares changes to the forecast, production plans, and/or COS (Change of Scope) requests by the customer on a routine basis
· Works with PM (Project Manager), Production Manager, and BM (Business Manager) team members to deliver the necessary customer requirements daily
Planning System & Process Improvement
· Uploads MSA & long term forecasts to improve MRP accuracy.
· Monitors and maintains the MPS.
· Ensures revenue and OTD targets are met and reviewed with Operations, Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and other relevant teams.
· Improves Production Schedules to improve overall capacity utilization.
· Manages and coordinates the SOP process
· Ensures all corresponding SOP’s are updated
· OTD (On Time Delivery)
· Schedule Readiness & Adherence
MPS Aggregate Performance, Stability, Lead Time, Execution
· Coordinates with Procurement department in Florence, SC for activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
· Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
· Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records,
· Acts as site liaison with corporate finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain or Engineering.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Production Planning and Capacity Utilization is required
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably inventory management experience in a large highly complex GMP manufacturing environment in pharmaceutical or medical devices industry.
- Must have GMP experience
- Extensive knowledge of API pharmaceutical manufacturing or operations is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong manufacturing planning processes design, improvement and implementation skills
- Must have extensive experience in Mater Planning Schedule (MPS) and Material Resources Planning (MRP) in complexed manufacturing environment. SAP experience preferred.
- Must have advanced Excel, Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, experiences
- Knowledgeable in statistics, production scenario planning & modeling, what-if analysis are preferred.
- Must have strong planning, analytical problem solving, teaming, organizational and communication skills.
- Self-directed, self-disciplined and highly organized; able to prioritize multiple tasks and attention to detail
- Ability to balance and manage changing priorities with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment; be able to handle pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Demonstrated commitment to our fundamental principles of Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Proficiency with the English language.