When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The role will facilitate implementing and improving the PPI Business System at one of the largest sites in Laboratory Products Division (LPD) to enable profitable growth. The position partners with key stakeholders at their site to establish multiyear plans via strategy deployment tools (X-matrix/A3), creating a quantified 6 month future state and kaizen plan through value stream mapping, PPM/PPW optimization and leading kaizen events to enable the teams to achieve their business goals and objectives. It involves developing continuous improvement capability at various levels of the organization relative to the PPI Business System.
What will you do?
- Facilitate implementation of the PPI Business System to achieve targets in Safety, Quality, Customer Allegiance, Growth, Cash Flow and Productivity.
- Establish and mature the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, Gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Drive development and coaching of leaders, PPI practitioners and the general population relative to the PPI Business System.
- Develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further. Share best practices and drive continuous improvement and Standard Work across all organizational elements.
- Partner with business leaders to develop, standardize, and drive operating mechanisms that drive key performance indicator (KPI) visibility, accountability, and action planning to continually improve business performance.
- Lead site PPI Steering Committee to ensure there is an active pipeline of PPI projects aligned to business priorities, metrics and results. Ensure that there is a solid sustainability mechanism/review for past projects.
- Actively lead the development and maintenance of the site PPI project funnel in cooperation with site leadership and associates.
- Manage site PPI reporting to the Divisional PPI and Finance Team.
- May participate in multi-site and/or divisional PPI projects.
How will you get here?
- Bachelors degree in engineering, science, operations or business. Masters or Factory Physics degree is a plus
- Advanced lean practitioner with a 5+ years of experience with PPI Business System or comparable prior experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS), Factory Physics Execution (FPX), or other recognized Lean business system models.
- 5+ years of operations, finance, and/or engineering experience working for a world class, multinational organization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong financial and statistics accumen
- A ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful Continuous Improvement (CI) elements such as: Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value Stream Mapping leadership experience.
- Experience leading Kaizen events including elements such as standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value Analysis/ Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, heijunka, and kanban.
- A holistic thinker who is effective in influencing leaders to develop transformational target states and rapidly drive change through the full organization.
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people and facilitate effective cross-cultural business interaction
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the US and internationally for training and benchmarking purposes.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com