When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact? What will you do?
We are seeking an experienced polymer chemist to join the capillary electrophoresis R&D team. As part of an innovative research team, the successful chemist will be responsible for the development, characterization and testing of new separation polymers for capillary electrophoresis applications as well as the development of new polymer-based reagents for use in genetic analysis workflows.
The position has strong ties to manufacturing and a commitment to provide technical support to the manufacturing team responsible for the large-scale synthesis of electrophoresis polymers currently on-market.
How will you get here?
Ph.D. in polymer chemistry, polymer science, organic synthesis, materials science or related field.
- Demonstrated product development and manufacturing transfer experience.
- Strong skills in analytical methods for polymer characterization.
- Familiarity with genetic analysis techniques such as Sanger sequencing and PCR.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, capable of working independently and in coordination with a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills