As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Applications Team is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of cryo-EM's Global sales efforts. This customer focused position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- Performing high quality product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher partners and customers. Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, acting as a technical expert, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth presentations, and assisting in technique development.
- Supporting and training customers after the sale has been made and the system is signed off. Assisting Thermo Fisher Service Engineers on instrument sign offs and specific application techniques.
- Providing continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Requirement of a master or a doctoral degree in a life science discipline.
- Experience in a relevant commercial/research/production establishment with recent experience utilizing Microscopy technology in sample characterization.
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational optimization experience of analytical equipment; specifically electron/ion microscopes and various energy dispersive spectrometers nor other analytical techniques required.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing and technical sales skills a must.