Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Requisition ID: 64867BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
For more than 130 years, Thermo Scientific™ lab water systems have been a trusted resource for science and industry. Our complete line of water purification technologies includes solutions for your most critical and everyday application needs, from electrodeionization to reverse osmosis and distillation.
How will you make an impact?
You will support the design and manufacturing of Water Analysis Instruments used in industrial and lab environments. You will be exposed to multi-disciplined engineering principles and technologies to support electromechanical & electrochemical design, assembly and test. You will support the dynamic fast paced environment of product and process optimization as well as sustaining production while maintaining compliance requirements. You will be hands on and demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork, excellent communication and project management skills.
What will you do?
- Optimize current product designs to improve quality, reduce costs, increase market share and improve regulatory compliance.
- Create CAD models and engineering documents, work instructions, BOM’s and routings
- Support new product introductions and ensure successful transition to volume manufacturing through design & process stabilization and optimization
- Responsible for materials and component selection, specification, testing, and analysis
- Develop and execute test plans to verify and validate new and existing designs
- Troubleshoot systems and components for timely resolution to quality and production issues to meet production demands
- Identify and drive continuous improvements and optimization of products and manufacturing processes to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Perform failure and root cause analysis on electromechanical & electrochemical assemblies
- Lead Engineering Change Request meetings
- Identify design changes to resolve issues, obsolescence and improve manufacturability
- Evaluate and disposition non-conforming material
- Offer high level technical product support
- Drive continuous improvement within Product Optimization Engineering Department
- Prepare technical reports, analysis, recommendations for changes.
- Manage engineering projects from concept to completion
- Interface with and provide support to Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, Compliance Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Sales, and Product Management groups.
How will you get here?
- Requires a Bachelors Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design, manufacturing engineering, preferably within the instrumentation / laboratory equipment industry.
- Software proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite, SolidWorks or CAD, ERP such as SAP or Oracle
- Experience with driving process improvements and cost take out process
- Project management experience and familiarity with root cause analysis methods
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Flexibility to change priorities based upon business needs
- Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments
- Familiar with Bill of Materials (BOM) and production routings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently from engineering documents as well as in cross functional team environments
- Lean & 6-Sigma knowledge: Green or Black Belt Certification preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com