Business Development Services Specialist
Job ID :
United Kingdom - Milton Park
- Comply with GMP requirements and company rules, policies and procedures.
- To review Request for Proposal (RFP/TAQ) information to ensure adequate information has been received to be able to prepare project costing and to liaise with operational and sales teams as appropriate
- Initiate quotation activities at one or more of the European sites once site selection has been completed.
- Participate in client discussions in order to confirm the technical aspects of projects are understood and costed appropriately. Follow-up as required.
- To take responsibility for the production of technical information and proposed budget and to ensure that the appropriate proposal review and authorization has been made from Patheon senior management
- Coordinating the transition of the project information with technical contacts & project management team for all awarded projects
- Work with Account Executives and Project Managers to promote Patheon and ensure client satisfaction
- Must be prepared to present quotation analysis to all levels of the organization.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the EU portion of SalesForce.com.
- Provide assistance to enquiries raised by the Sales group.
- Contribute to continuous improvements within the proposals process.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Evaluate and initiate new project quotes (15%)
- Quote proposal preparation (55%)
- Review and ensure completeness / accuracy of incoming data from site technical teams (20%)
- Present finalized quotation to senior management for financial approval and respond to questions (5%)
- Enhancing and further utilizing SalesForce.com (5%)
- Understand emergency procedures and comply with safe systems of work.
- Ensure compliance with environment, health and safety rules, signage and instructions at all times.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- Minimum Bachelor level education (B.Sc. or Eng) or equivalent professional experience.
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Good sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong team player
- Strong with both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Good knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing operations and dosage forms
- Demonstrated interest in business and strategy