Engineering Design and Project Management
Design, direct, control and monitor engineering projects using Project Management process to assure that the designs and specifications will achieve the full desired objective of the project, focusing on reduced costs, improved productivity, quality and cGMP compliance.
- Select and direct the engineering contractor as needed.
- Monitor progress and assure all assigned projects are being completed as intended, on time and within budget.
- Develop and present recommended project solutions along with realistic cost estimates to internal clients.Make appropriate changes to the scope as the scope changes during the course of the project
- Develop, review, and understand engineering drawings that include equipment recommendations.Specify construction methods to achieve the desired objectives
- Develop, review & understand specifications for new equipment with equipment vendors and site customers.
- Develop, review & understand specifications for facility modifications with contractors and site customers.
Engineering Construction Supervision and Start-Up of a Project
Direct, control and monitor construction phases of engineering projects to assure that the project is implemented per the established scope, on time, and within budget. Assure compliance with all cGMP required documentation for all installed equipment.
- Create or assist in the creation of detailed bid packages for contractors & equipment vendors.Select and direct construction contractors /equipment vendors.
- Assist validation teams with the development of protocols and utility change control documentation.
- Continually monitor the contractors’ safety performance and promptly rectify any safety violations that occur.
- Continually monitor the contractors’ quality of work and promptly rectify any quality or job performance deficiencies.
- Manages the process of installing and assist in equipment commissioning and/or modifying facilities to meet site customer and company client requirements with minimal interruption to operational schedules, ensuring good engineering practices are adhered to for the construction, installation and commissioning of new processes and facilities.
Project Administrative Tasks
- Control, audit, and be accountable for project costs to assure that approved funds are effectively utilized.Track project costs and authorize payments to contractors.
- Maintain project records and communicate to supervision and upper management project costs, status, and safety conditions
Serve as facility and utility technical consultant to the site
- Work with internal or external clients to troubleshoot problems, recommend solutions, and provide designs.Attend design review and project planning meetings. Share knowledge and assist training entry level engineers.
- Promote and facilitate the company’s growth in facility and utility technology
Learning and Training
Propose, attend and participate in personal training and development programs to enhance job performance. Actively support the department site lead process improvement teams and associated improvement projects.