Ensures the efficient operation and maintenance of packaging equipment and facilitates improvements to meet the production schedule.
Ensures product quality meets the standards of the organization, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA).
In this role it is essential to perform rotating shift work.
- Sets up, takes down and relocates all packaging equipment using Set Up Work Instructions. Ensures lines are operating to meet production schedule and targets.
- Responsible for repairs, running adjustments, preventative and breakdown maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Ensures accurate process documentation and down-time activities.
- Ensures proper clean-up, parts and tools are put away when activities are complete.
- Identifies routine and unique problems with equipment.
- Recommends solutions to routine and unique equipment problems.
- May implement solution or change to equipment operation.
- Validates that implementation of solution is correct and equipment is operating and working properly.
- Communicates between shifts with other mechanics and supervisor of key issues or potential issues.
- Ensures product quality meets the standards of Patheon, our clients, and applicable regulatory agencies including, but not limited to the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate (HPFBI), United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMEA) (continuous)
- Follows the required Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Good Manufacturing Practices requirements (continuous)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- 3 years of previous experience in a packaging environment, 1 of which includes maintenance related activities within a pharmaceutical packaging environment.
- Experience dealing with liquid/tube/tablet/powder fillers, labelers, cartoners, inkjet printers and overwrappers.
- High level of Mechanical interest aptitude.
- High level of trouble-shooting abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong documentation and record keeping.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and safety standards.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- In this role it is essential to perform shift work.