We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to provide the best possible customer service to our customers by supporting them on the phone, via email and in the field.
This role involves installing, commissioning and servicing our product range in various locations in Australasia and globally, whilst being cost effective.
- Carry out quality technical and professional on-site installation and commissioning of PGNAA Thermo Scientific equipment which includes training the customer on safe operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Complete site visit reports within time frames as per work instructions and customer requirements.
- Complete post commissioning report outs after each commissioning job within time frames and are followed up.
- Load, or supervise loading of radioisotopes as required.
- Develop and maintain a service driven customer focus by staying in constant contact with customers to maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels and drive business opportunities.
- Carry out service and support for existing clients via telephone, email and remote computer login for troubleshooting and performance checks.
- Ensure that clients on PSA0 receive first class remote service and support in line with service agreements.
- Contribute to the internal Service Standard Work procedures platform.
- Be part of the PGNAA global technical support team.
- Drive continuous improvement by feeding back product performance and customer perceptions of our products and services to the company.
- Use Lean PPI, phase gate and other company processes to drive continuous improvement
- Provide input to product improvement, design and documentation.
- Maintain product manuals and recommended spares kits by reviewing and submitting up-dates where necessary.
- Work with the aftermarket department to recognise and promote spares, equipment upgrades, PSAs and other aftermarket products to existing customers.
- Assist with remote site spares inventory management, including branch offices and certain customers.
- Participate in the preparation, organising and carrying out of training courses for customers.
- Certificate or Associate Diploma in an Engineering discipline such as Electronics is essential.
- Customer Service and Field Service experience in the mining or mineral sector (or related) processing industries.
- Experience in mine processing plants, especially coal and cement plants are highly desirable.
- Four year experience and knowledge in the PGNAA analysis technique is essential
- Fault finding electro-mechanical equipment and regression analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of test and inspection equipment and its use.
- Experience with on-line analysers and/or industrial processing instrumentation.
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Good basic knowledge of electro-mechanics.
- The flexibility to travel, sometimes with limited notice.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing assembly drawings.
- Ability to read and understand electrical & pneumatic schematics.