When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director of Project Management Office (PMO) and PPI focuses on crafting and implementing our country-level programs, and driving adoption of good process management. Leading and influencing cross matrix teams locally and globally, he/she coordinates with business stakeholders to execute transformative projects.
Manages China Project Management Office (PMO) and PPI team to drive transformative project execution, PPI Business System implementation in China; develop processes and organization capability.
Project Management Office:
- Drive cross functional /divisional transformative project management to enable growth;
- Provide leadership, prioritization, coordination and management of the Project Management Office and functions, build strong process in Thermo Fisher China;
- Understand the overall business process and its key interdependencies locally and globally;
- Serve as a conduit for communication among China teams and global teams who make the strategic decisions for those projects;
- Supervise and coach the project management team that provides project management support to functions and also provide support to project managers;
- Identify key critical points in a project and organize team to provide effective solutions, facilitate approval for project management deliverables, and manage project management processes and project control specialists
PPI Business System:
- Act as the voice of PPI Business System and is a role-model leader. Proactively communicates the benefit of PPI Business System and process discipline to executive committees and the broader organization;
- Provide training mechanisms and oversight to continuously improve business process maturity;
- Remove roadblocks and obstacles through facilitated learning. Use structured problem solving and a consistent and robust sponsor escalation process;
- Ensure actions and commitments between Thermo Fisher Scientific China and the global stakeholder organization are aligned, with engagement from all.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Business, Operations, Computer Science, Finance, or Organizational Behavior
- MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years management experience in a consulting environment, six-sigma or other Lean certification preferred
- Proficient in English language, Chinese a plus
- PMP certification a plus
- Executive communication skills across all organization levels, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Embodies role-model ethical standards
- Ability and experience making data-driven decisions across business functions, inclusive of HR, Finance, Operations, Strategic Marketing
- Proficient in Windows based office software, pipeline management and database skills a plus
- 20%-30% travel
- Drive for Results – Consistently meets goals and objectives with increasing focus on stretch goal attainment.
- Execution focus – Owns activity, consistently delivers on program execution and business impact
- Strategic Thinking – Understands company vision with business acumen, and can translate into actionable solutions
- Manage Ambiguity – Navigates strategic direction and clarifies conflicting business priorities
- Written Communication Skills - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles in order to achieve impactful results.
- Technical (continuous) learning - Demonstrates the mental agility to acquire new concepts and functional expertise rapidly and has an aptitude for building comprehensive industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Presentation Skills - Is effective in a variety of settings: one-on-one, small and large groups and up and down organizational levels.
- Negotiation skills - Understands the dynamics of negotiation centered on achieving the highest value for stakeholders.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.