The Associate Technical Director will ensure optimal utilisation of appropriate technologies, products, and services within their manufacturing processes (i.e. design and development, optimization and scale-up, installation and validation). In addition, the ATD will coordinate FAS activity in the Asia Pacific region and ensure alignment with the Commercial Sales Team to ensure we deliver on our corporate commitments and ensure our customers achieve their critical success factors in terms of meeting their business goals. To do this we must ensure our products and support activities deliver tangible cost savings within a process by, for example, improving yields or reducing the lead time to bring new customer products to market. The successful candidate can be based in Singapore, China or other locations as long as the person can travel extensively to support APAC region.
- Coordinate the Field Application Specialist (FAS) team being the primary field-based technical interface for our Purification and Pharma Analytics products & technologies to potential and existing clients.
- Providing mentoring and management structure to the FAS teams in APAC for the Purification & Pharma Analytics technologies & product portfolios
- Providing and delivering high calibre technical presentations to complement the sales teams’ commercial sales activities.
- Taking the lead in technical product specification and application discussions with clients and prospects for our full product portfolio.
- Either directly or via appropriate country/region based FAS, assist commercial teams with customer surveys, inquiries, and product briefs, collaborating and making recommendations to clients on potential process improvements through utilisation of our technologies and concepts.
- Either directly or via appropriate country/region based FAS, provide comprehensive support and service for equipment installation and start-up as well as full installation and operational qualification (IQ/OQ) support and documentation.
- Coordinating with the Regional Marketing Management and Global TSO, execute training activities and workshops on the application and capabilities of our products. Coordinate training meetings on the application of our technologies as they apply to the needs of our customers
- Coordinate the support for the Commercial Sales activities in product troubleshooting and complaint handling activities. Provide necessary data and feedback to Sales Support, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Engineering, TSO and R&D as appropriate.
- Taking the lead in all aspects of qualification/validation studies and programs initiated with our clients.
- Technical presentations at customer sites and scientific conferences.
- Provide necessary voice of the customer (VOC) to market and product management of our products and services.
- Being aware of relevant professional organization activities, and participate in meetings as a delegate, speaker or contributor to the society.
- Make regular client calls with local sales Account Managers and FASs’
- Promoting the Employer’s image and product reputation.
Key Purification requirements
- Ability to operate and interpret data from AKTA or alternative process development LC chromatography workstations
- Knowledge of small scale, pilot scale and large scale chromatography and column packing
- Knowledge of analytics used to support purification process development, including HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and Spectroscopy and ability to interpret such data sets.
- Support POROS and Capture Select product lines and new product development activities for downstream processing
- Presales – Technical presentations on the features and benefits of our products. Lead technical discussions on downstream purification challenges and position Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities
- Post sales – Consultation on product evaluations and purification process development, chromatography optimization and troubleshooting, support pilot to large scale column packing activities
Key Pharma Analytics requirements
- Taking the lead in technical product specification, application and protocol optimisation discussions with clients and prospects for the adoption assays within our Pharma Analytics product portfolio in the Bioproduction Division (BPD) offerings.
- Together with the local FAS, assist commercial teams in identifying client opportunities and needs, determine technical feasibility of applying our Analytical testing protocols & technologies to meet specific customer requirements.
- Together with the FAS, provide effective support of trials, protocol development, assay development and consultation.
- Using your advanced and continually expanding knowledge of assays and products within the Pharma Analytics portfolio and the Regulatory testing requirements required in biopharmaceutical production process, carry out effective plant surveys of existing testing processes and making recommendations to the customer on how the process can be improved by utilization of our innovative Analytical assay technologies.
- BPD Business team, product managers, TSS, FAS, sales,
- BPD Commercial teams, sales, marketing, sales support
- Global Business Units for Purification and Pharma Analytics
- Customer Care
- Industry bodies
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field, PhD is highly desirable
- Technical Knowledge: Excellent understanding of both upstream and downstream processes in the BioProduction workflow
- 4 years or more of hands-on work experience in analytical development, Quality Control, and testing processes in a cGMP environment and/or significant experience in a downstream process development setting where chromatography based purification methods were developed, scaled and validated.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in a globally matrixed organization
- Able to work independently with limited day-to-day management supervision.
- Frequent Travel will be required up to 40%
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
- May be required to perform other related duties as required.