1. Job Summary
To work independently within the European Quotes Department or with members of a Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) sales group or project team, responsible to review, assess and assign quotation requests and queries to individuals within the Quote Teams in Basel, Switzerland and Horsham, UK. Requesting pricing and other relevant information from other teams in order for the Quotation Specialists to prepare the quotes within the required timelines. The European Quotation Coordinator must work closely with our internal customers and resources as well as occasionally external customers to ensure all the correct information is available and in place for timely completion of the quotes.
2. Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the centralised email inbox(es) as a first point of contact. Evaluation of those requests for minimum required amounts of information, and the coordination of assignments to European Quote Team resources.
- Assisting in answering questions from internal staff and external clients in the quotation phase.
- Utilising customer service skills to ensure that clients are provided with service levels that go beyond the customer’s expectations.
- To create and circulate reports for all necessary Stakeholders as required.
- To provide administration support to the European Quote Teams where required.
- Assists with providing Quote Department overview to new starters in the business.
- Provides continuous input on improving internal processes.
- Making amendments to quotes where required, checking own work for accuracy. Follow through with relevant personnel to ensure that all inputs for a quote are received within agreed timescales and that quotes are issued to meet client timelines.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Proposals Executives and Senior Manager Quoting and Estimating.
3. Financial Authority
- Good customer service experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Ability to check own work for errors
- Ability to meet required deadlines and to ensure that others deliver on time
- Able to prioritise workload
- Able to use initiative to resolve issues
- Flexible in order to meet changing priorities and business needs
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to support others within the team
5. Essential Knowledge
- Good IT skills particular in relation to Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience of working to deadlines
6. Principal Contacts
Internal: Business Development, Project Management, CAD, Purchasing, Finance and Operations