R&D Project Manager
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The principal focus of this position is the participation on the successful development, integration, testing and delivery of new, existing or modified components tailored to non-standard solutions according to agreed individual customer specifications and requirements (NSR = Non-Standard Request). NSR Project Leader is responsible for coordination and timely execution of individual NSR projects, she/he may also execute larger NSR program if needed. Key interactions will be required with NSR Manager, Account Managers, Marketing Managers and Program Managers as well as with various groups (i.e., internal and external subsystem vendors, science, system, software, design, electronics, applications, field service and operations) across geographically dispersed locations including Europe and US based Engineering teams.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University Degree in Mechanical Design, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Typically requires 2+ years in systems or subsystems design experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills; experience in a leadership role is preferred
- Ability to build consensus among internal stakeholders that may not be under his/her direct influence.
- Strong technical thinking, problem solving, the ability to seek for an innovative, non-standard and effective solution is required.
- Strong communication ability is required due to the cross-functional nature of this role. An ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences is helpful in this role.
- Ability to assign specific duties and to create a constructive and cooperative working relationship.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software package and any 2D and/or 3D design modelling tool is preferred.
- Strong communicative skills verbally and in writing. Fluent in English.