We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, chemists, software developers, and molecular biologists. The job responsibilities will include assisting in the design, qualification, and coordination of new and existing custom plastic consumable parts throughout the entire product life-cycle.
Responsibilities may also include managing or conducting experiments to improve performance on existing designs. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills.
This Mechanical Engineer will have responsibilities that will include assisting in the design, qualification, and coordination of new and existing custom plastic consumable parts throughout the entire product life-cycle.
Specific duties will include:
- Design and validate new consumables as well as manage the product lifecycles for existing consumables.
- Coordinate first article inspections and qualifications for new tools and repairs to existing tools.
- Create custom fixtures and procedures for testing and/or integration of complex consumable assemblies.
- Use modeling, prototyping, and laboratory testing to support and enhance the existing product lines.
- Improve existing consumable parts by enhancing manufacturability and achieving cost reductions.
- Establish working relationships with vendors for parts/molds under development and coordinate modifications to parts already in Production.
- Write verification and validation protocols and related reports to support the transfer of designs into Production.
Position requirements and skills:
- B.S. or M.S. in Bioengineering, Engineering or related field with 3+ years experience in mechanical/consumables engineering or medical device development.
- Experience with Pro-E or SolidWorks, and plastic injection molding and tooling.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to understand system interfaces and can quickly analyze, troubleshoot, root cause and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience in designing electro-mechanical systems
- have excellent organizational and team skills, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- be adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- be Innovative and capable of spanning design disciplines beyond the consumables space.
- have experience in biotechnology or medical device development