At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of custom pricing/costing models to support RFP & proactive proposal proformas
- Partner with sales directors to develop customer proposals including assisting them in pricing analysis and profit improvement initiatives
- Provide analysis and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting prices, determine customer specific discounts, and identify product conversion/low cost alternative opportunities.
- Work with appropriate internal departments to implement pricing and financial terms for new customer contracts and ensure contract compliance
- Lead the annual price roll project for large customers requiring custom price analysis or customer facing submission templates.
- Performs other duties and project support as assigned
- Demonstrate robust financial acumen in several areas including financial analysis, reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical. Has the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proven ability to analyze and communicate variances to management is required to be successful in this position, as well as, the ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Proven ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines.
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations.
- Proven history of participating on cross functional teams as well as the ability to build organizational relationships with peers and operating partners.
- Commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Access, and MS PowerPoint are required; skills with Data Warehouse, COGNOS, and Visual Basic are preferred.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience