When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Remotely based, the Account Manager III will be responsible for the promotion of, and achieving sales goals associated with the AcroMetrix custom/OEM molecular quality control line within the Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York City, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana territory. This role requires focus on the delivery of customer support and satisfaction, and manages the assigned territory/customers as a business with responsibility for profit and revenue growth. Significant overnight travel is required. Candidate should possess accountability, a sense of urgency, and a strong desire to succeed. Individual must possess and execute a strong hunting mentality to penetrate new customers and expand existing customers.
What will you do?
- Responsible for developing specific account and territory strategies while promoting the sale of company products and services within the assigned territory.
- Working with assay development with major manufacturers, from feasibility to development to commercialization.
- Specializes in clinical and research laboratories, blood centers, and manufacturers with a strong focus behind building a custom portfolio.
- Develop OEM custom molecular quality controls for manufacturers in molecular diagnostics, next-generation sequencing, clinical chemistry, and microbiology.
- Make sales calls, schedule visits to current and prospective clients/customers, effectively manage all stages of sales cycle.
- Work effectively with distribution channels that support the business in addition to direct sales.
- Serve as a channel of information to the business unit about customers, markets and competition. Receive guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the business unit and sales management.
- Act as company consultant for problems, and provide initial support to solving those problems related to company products.
- Maintain positive relationships with business unit personnel for service and/or technical support, and client/customer purchasing agents.
- Qualify sales leads, answer inquiries and maintain accurate records of activities using approved CRM software.
- Attend sales meetings, maintain an outside sales office, and an up-to-date database of clients/customers for opportunity pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Laboratory Medicine, Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Minimum 3 years successful sales and channel relationship experience, preferably in the Clinical Chemistry and/or Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate resources and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to plan and execute sales activities with minimal direct supervision
- Must provide detailed and timely reporting.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills, communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- SalesForce.com experiences a plus.
- Detail-orientation, analytical approach, strong prioritization skills
- Must have highest degree of professionalism and ethics
- Must live in close proximity to a major airport within sales territory
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com