How will you make an impact?
Packaging/Labeling Technicians perform the printing of labels using Zebra printers for manufacturing teams, manage the inventory of labels and inserts, pull labels and inserts for productions use and printing in-house inserts. Position will also encompass MRP transactions. Job will be performed in compliance with GMP and as per appropriate SOPs. Hours for this position are 3:30 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. Monday-Friday with overtime as required in addition to weekends as required.
What will you do?
- Maintain inventory of labels and inserts.
- Complete cycle counts on a monthly basis for labels and inserts.
- Perform MRP functions for labels and inserts. This includes warehouse status changes, location transactions, adjustments and work order issues.
- Pull labels for production use per manufacturing work order instructions.
- Print labels and in-house inserts as per requests from Manufacturing teams, Advanced Manufacturing, Warehouse and Engineering.
- Work with Packaging Engineering and Documentation to develop all new label formats.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Interface and communicate effectively with all work groups.
- Work in manufacturing area in the event label room is down or assistance is needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of one year previous production/manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Easy Label software a plus.
- Normal manufacturing environment with moderate work area conditions with no excessive temperatures or noise.
- Position may require frequent communication and walking to other areas in which designated PPE will be required.
- Position will require sitting and standing.
- Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Demonstrated knowledge of PCs and software applications; familiarity with SAP transactions
- Knowledge of cycle count process
- Ability to work independently; able to schedule and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability
- Demonstrated math skills
- Demonstrated communication skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Demonstrated good safety, quality, and attendance practices
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime if necessary
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.