The ideal candidate will effectively and accurately project manage multiple projects as identified by the manager from start to completion with well-documented and organized project management skills to support project objectives. The project manager will have to work with key stakeholders in order to accomplish key milestones on time and within plan and will develop relationships within the company in order to be able to drive to completion the projects she/he is assigned to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display and practice strong project management and organizational skills
- Utilize and understand project management tools (Gantt charts, dashboards, key deliverables)
- Apply consistent project management approaches and processes
- Ensure projects are on schedule and achieve stated objectives
- Identify and report roadblocks and variances to project plan
- Coordinate with team members to identify and document resource constraints
- Ensure projects are delivered in alignment with expectations and plan.
- Track project through data, analytics and reporting to ensure projects add value to the organization
- Identify key risks and the impact of those risks on the project and through scenario planning
- Track and monitor timely completion of project milestones within the portfolio, plan vs. actual and report that progress as required
- Have and practice effective time-management skills
- Have the ability to identify, manage and monitor outstanding tasks
- Excellent relationship with teammates and negotiation skills
- Excellent drafting skills for structuring ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to maintain standards of accuracy under tight deadlines
- Ability to efficiently organize forums and coordinate communication with team members
- Ability to work well within a matrix environment
- Perform other, related business duties as required.
Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in finance, engineering or science. MBA/MS Preferred
Two or more years of experience project management or operational planning with specific skills or experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Work independently, within a team, and collaboratively across teams
- Demonstrate ability to make recommendations on assigned projects
- Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing personal workload
- Strong proficiency in MS-Office tools (specifically, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Research and analytical skills to support project management effort
- Ability to project manage multiple large projects simultaneously and on time
- Able to manage change effectively
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical development and manufacturing process
- Willingness and ability to travel, if required. Estimated travel is 5-10%