When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position that is focused primarily on the material handling aspects of Unity Lab Services core offerings such as: product receiving, product put away, product scanning and disbursement, inventory management and reporting and other customer specific activities. This position will utilize the basic functionality of proprietary systems designed to support inventory management and the Microsoft Office software. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers, pallet jacks and push carts and PPE. Customer interface communication skills are also required.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, which includes proficiency in Fisher Scientific mainframe systems, Fisher Scientific procedures, customer procedures, stockroom and material handling, depending on location
- Utilizes advanced systems or performs the functions stated below:
- Operates Fisher Scientific Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS), Fisher Scientific Internet.
- Operates SAP, eScout, PeopleSoft, Arriba and other customer systems
- Executes 3rd party buys
- Executes Agent buys
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with direct supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Attend required training sessions (travel included).
- Produce metrics.
- Participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- BS/BA degree preferred.
- 1-5 years customer service experience.
- Proficient PC Knowledge, Windows based, MS Office.
- Ability to create and foster positive customer relationships.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills/Microsoft office.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must have reliable transportation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.