Inspect, polish, size, weigh, assemble/disassemble printing machines, set and trouble-shoot print on capsules, print and package products such as Softgels and Soflets as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up printing equipment by installing carrier bars, brushes, stripper plate, blow off tubes, gravure roll, rubber roll, ink pan and doctor blade.
- Set up the vision equipment (install proper belt/color, load appropriate recipe, install proper target, train the cameras, verify background) and trouble-shoot as needed.
- Works safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries by observing moving equipment and adhering to all job safety procedures such as wearing PPE.
- Documents work performed by completing forms and logs accurately.
- Verifies, at the start of each batch and throughout the batch, the lot number, weights, part number, & expiration date are correct for the batch by comparing the labels with the batch record
- Troubleshoots work related problems by detecting operating problems, equipment problems, errors, resolving obvious problems and notifying the supervisor of unresolved problems. Inspects product to verify conformity with specifications and clarity of printing.
- Prepares filled box for shipping by using the Capsule Lubrication System (CLS) or dampening clean wipe with MCT/Lecithin oil, and hand polishing product of softgels thereby lightly coating capsules with oil to prevent sticking as specified in Batch Record.
- Monitors operation of the printer by insuring the rubber/transfer roll, gravure/design roll and doctor blade are in good working order, wiped clean of unnecessary ink and replaces any damaged parts when needed.
- Performs all checks as required on Batch Record or SOP and documents results in appropriate record. Reads and adheres to workplace procedures such as SOPs, Batch Records, cGMPs, MSDS memos, employee handbook, and company bulletins. Reads and follows all company safety rules and attends all plant safety training and shift safety meetings.
- Other business related duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, an individual must uphold the standards of conduct of the company, which include integrity, motivation, dependability and reliability, confidentiality, cooperation, willingness to learn, and respect for people and property. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Must have one year with related machinery experience.
Ability to speak in complete sentences and be understood. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read, understand, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100s. Ability to perform these operations using US and metric units of weight and volume. Ability to perform time math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to remain standing for prolonged periods of time. Ability to use simple hand tools. Ability to recognize and locate required information. Strong observation skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must meet applicable DEA security clearance requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, bend, stoop, lift equipment parts, and use hands and arms to scoop. The employee is regularly required to continuously stand, use hands to finger, feel, or handle, and reach with hands and arms. Overhead lifting and reaching is also required on a regular basis. Repetitive motions over a prolonged period are also required. The employee is frequently required to lift objects weighing 21 – 50 pounds and to push or pull objects weighing up to 20 pounds. The employee may also be required to assist another employee lift and move objects weighing over 50 pounds. Close and color vision is required.
The employee may work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level varies from quiet to loud, depending on the proximity to machinery.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Assigned uniform, gloves, safety glasses, safety shoes, hair protection, earplugs and respirators. Other PPE may be required at times.