Builds effective internal and external relationships by working closely with customers, internal operations, and
logistics personnel in order to achieve customer service level objectives. Manages the communication, schedules and shipments of customers’ commercial orders. Coordinates order logistics through the plant and schedules customer order releases and shipments.
1. Manages customer purchase order process in accordance with forecast and contract adherence. Communicate confirmation information back to client. Monitors client orders through receipt to shipment following up with internal teams to ensure performance to on time delivery. Facilitates customer order revisions and
cancellations, manages resolution on inventory/cost issues associated with customer order change.
2. Manages the client relationship with the customer representative(s) through meetings, site visits,
teleconferences, and other forums to ensure that issues are addressed and timeline activities are met. Serves as primary contact and communication link for commercial execution between Company and customer. Facilitates resolution of deviations, documentation, shipping issues.
3. Manages all customer supplied Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) and material requirements as needed, including changes and deliveries to support the agreed site operations plan. Communicates with site and client on impact of supply issues, manages risk and minimizes impact to On-Time Delivery (OTD) and client metrics.
4. Mitigates any outstanding issues affecting production or release of product with client. Facilitates processes for shipping, documentation and coordination with Distribution and Client for trucking schedules to maximize OTD performance.
5. Monitors product supply chain for specification changes and deviations that impact product supply and
coordinates timely resolution. Facilitates communication and resolution of inventory/costs related to
6. Communicates and resolves issues with client, business management, and demand and supply chain staff.
7. Executes/facilitates routine customer requests such as inventory report requests, batch status requests, sample requests, and documentation/paperwork requests.
8. Attends/supports the demand and supply meetings and Customer Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
meetings, ensuring client requirements/commitments are accurately represented.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in science, business, production, or related field preferred.
Three years of experience in science, business, or production related field within the manufacturing industry or supply chain (ideally pharmaceutical) is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and SOP procedures. Experience with Enterprise
Resource Planning (ERP) manufacturing systems, ideally SAP. Excellent communication, organization and
interpersonal skills. Effective negotiation skills. Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills. Ability to effectively
collaborate with others to achieve goals and expectations. Ability to learn quickly in order to resolve customer
requests independently. Ability to travel approximately one to two times per quarter (if needed).
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations;
ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry,
move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed. Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.