How will you make an impact?
You will support the incoming inspection of materials received from external vendors, as part of the material receiving process. This position will require the applicant to receive, inspect, and document all inspection results utilizing GMPs, established procedures and specifications.
This position interacts with the Logistics, Quality Assurance and Quality Control staff to enable the receipt, inspection and release of incoming materials. This position requires the performance of detailed inspection of materials, in a fast paced and evolving environment.
What will you do?
- Perform the inspections of incoming materials by evaluating materials against established specifications; by conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Follow established procedures for all inspection steps, including documenting all results utilizing GMPs and GDPs.
- Ability to read an inspection document, and follow all required instructions with minimal guidance.
- Initiate nonconformance reports for unacceptable materials, and report issues to the Supervisor.
- Document inspection results by completing batch records and logs; inputting data into quality database and in QAD.
- Keep measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; and notifying the Supervisor if repairs to equipment are needed.
- Evaluate procedures and processes for continuous process improvement.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with site and legal regulations.
- Accomplish quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed, and on time.
How will you get there?
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- 1 – 2 years experience receiving materials in a cGMP facility, utilizing GMP and GDP documentation skills.
- 1 – 2 years experience with dispositioning and receiving materials in QAD or similar system.
- 1 – 2 years experience performing inspection or measurement of materials, against established procedures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a fast paced and evolving environment while managing competing priorities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Hazardous material exposure
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.