Job Title: Manager, Field Services
Job Location: Bangalore/Mumbai
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Services Manager India is responsible for managing day to day operations of the India Informatics service team including holiday administration, training, planning, and functionally reporting to the APAC Service Manager for the growth of professional services.
- Hire and motivate a high quality professional service organization.
- Ensure consistent, high quality implementation services are delivered to informatics customers.
- Drive the quality of implementation through continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the APAC Service Manager and Global Implementation Process project manager to rollout a global implementation process.
- Work closely with sales in definition, implementation and maintenance of an effective interface between implementation and sales.
- Work with the APAC and Global Support to ensure that the support activities offered by the team are of high quality.
- Work with Sustaining Engineering in Product Development for the inclusion of fixes to issues in the Product Requirements Document. Perform periodic analysis on available CAS data and prioritize specific requirements/fixes for ensuring customer loyalty. Manage CAS escalation process for assigned products. Prioritize issues according to customer impact and other defined factors.
- Act as a key contact point for the sales department in pre-sales activities.
- Develop and manage service partner relationships and strategies to build capacity for implementation delivery.
- Develop and lead the roll-out of a local strategy to improve the quality of the services delivered by implementation resource, in line with company strategy.
- Lead and grow the team in line with company strategy.
- Build a strong, motivated team through management and personal development of its members.
- Manage all hiring, training and ranking of employees in the india team.
- Assure performance objectives are communicated and reviewed with employees.
- Maintain, produce and present metrics which will allow measurement of the delivered services and drive improvement.
- Own and act as an escalation point for department processes.
- Responsible for the timely, accurate billing of service time and expenses.
- Report on revenue, resource utilization and cost for the department.
- Ensure that customer complaints affecting the department are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that the people within the team have a balance of skills to assure effective delivery of the services defined above.
- Carry out line management responsibilities such as development reviews for all direct reports.
- Carry out other Implementation and Support duties when required.
- An excellent leader.
- Proven management skills.
- Ability to set and meet expectations.
- Customer focused.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in computer system validation preferred.
- Educated to degree level preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels.
- Ability to lead meetings.
- Organized with ability to prioritize work load and work under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible team player.
- Able to travel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.