This is a key role in regional (APAC) marketing team, having responsibilities of the following:
To identify regional growth opportunities in food safety and work with regional and global marketing team to develop strategies and plans.
Understanding global food safety plans and tailor to the region, responsible for tactical implementation and using appropriate metrics to monitor the implementation.
- Identify growth opportunities within food safety market in APAC, developing plans and GTM strategies to drive market engagement and thus develop and grow the market for MBD food safety solutions:
- Working closely with the APAC commercial teams, drive consensus and champion specific customer-focused objectives for the growth and development of the food safety business;
- As above, generate and drive progress on prioritized target lists of KOLs and strategic accounts within the territory;
- Build account/KOL-specific adoption plans leveraging existing proof data/content to drive conversions;
- Identify emerging themes in pathogen detection and customer/competitor workflow development/evolution and:
- Effectively influence and communicate back into the organization to impact Global Marketing/R&D plans and strategies;
- Working closely with the commercial, and the global and regional marketing teams, develop and implement market development plans and strategies at regional level to realize revenue opportunities in-line with the Global strategic focus of the business.
- Understand microbiology workflow in pathogen detection or food industry.
- Understanding of the advanced food pathogen detection methods eg PCR, NGS etc.
- Support the delivery of Discovery Days and Workshops of high educational quality by the Regional Marketing team in APAC through presentations by self or through leveraging network of KOL contacts to secure nationally/internationally recognized speakers presenting on current/relevant topics.
- To build up industry knowledge around global campaign focused areas, and assist in generating campaign content.
- Follow up with country teams of the campaigns and using proper metrics to measure the efficiency of marketing events.
- Ensure APAC strategic priorities are built into global planning and new product development is qualified through customer knowledge and insight.
- Working with key stakeholders, develop and report relevant metrics, driving information sharing and development of best practice within commercial teams at regional and global level; shared responsibility for achieving APAC food safety AOP and plan for following year.
- Be the market champion and challenge current thinking when it restricts revenue growth and profitability, by for example identifying and championing ‘gap filling’ business development initiatives.
A graduate in a life science subject such as biochemistry, microbiology or significant marketing experience in the field of life sciences or preferably food/ industry microbiology, with:
- Fluent in English.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Initiative, persistence, determination, diplomacy and drive
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage an audience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience.
- 1~ 2 year sales experience is preferable, but not necessary.
- APAC marketing experience with a willingness to travel
- Proven marketing achievement