Job Title: Sr. Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Kelly Corey, Facilities Manager
Position Location: Frederick, MD
To provide facilities related mechanical services for a manufacturing/distribution site including equipment and facility installation, repair, and preventative maintenance.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Develop a complete understanding and working knowledge of all infrastructure systems and operations at the facility.
- Responds to all IT and site infrastructure equipment alarms and executes repair and or mitigation.
- Ensure that the critical environment is restored to its original maintenance appearance.
- Perform other services determined necessary to maintain all mission critical related infrastructure.
- Will support site customer infrastructure facility needs as needed to ensure continuous operations.
- Complete preventative maintenance on equipment and building systems as established in department procedures.
- Will be available for an emergency on call rotation.
- Provide guidance and training to lower level personnel.
- Working knowledge of boilers, autoclaves, and lab washers.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Ability to ensure continuous operations of the site HVAC systems.
Minimum Qualifications (must have):
- Must have at least 4 years related experience to include a background in a large plant/facility.
- Must have a proven working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration equipment/systems.
- Knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements in a manufacturing/laboratory environment a plus.
- Must have advanced troubleshooting skills
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the site Building Management Systems,
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have technical certification in multiple relevant mechanical and/or electrical trades.
- Must have current CFC certification
- Minimum Maryland 2nd grade Stationary Engineer license.
Works in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Will be required to work on roof tops in hot and cold conditions exposed to the elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Occasional periods of high noise level which may require hearing protection may exist. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to develop reliability reports to assist in identifying areas of concern that could develop into future problems.
- Soft skills: Behaviors including communication (oral/written), problem solving, demeanor, pace necessary, influencing skills, leadership skills, negotiating skills a plus.
- Ability to work independently/in a group setting/with little direction/with direct supervision
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Name:___________________________________ Date: ___________________