When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for the providing first and second-tier technical and customer service support for our handheld safety and security products line, primarily through telephone, email, and web-based support tools. The person in this role must demonstrate a high degree of customer ownership and exemplary customer service and communication skill.
- Provide technical and product support for in-bound customer and prospect inquiries regarding the Thermo safety and security instruments. Act as first and second-tier technical support engineer for hardware, applications and software problems. Triage in-bound technical support requests and provide escalation and documentation support to other service and support personnel.
- Act as a centralized liaison for customer communications into service and repair departments. Provide status and update responses to customers for service and open issue tickets.
- Provide first and second-level product support to other customer facing departments, inclusive of marketing, regional sales associates and order entry. Triage general in-bound product information inquiries.
- Create technical support and knowledge-based tools to assist customers in identification of technical problems, and self-help resolution. Maintain a commonly asked questions forum, create technical notes and update standard documentation with troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor technical support trends and provide monthly reporting metrics to operations, service and production. Identify and track customer satisfaction issues, and utilize excellent customer care skills to communicate and manage customer satisfaction concerns.
- Utilize Case Management solutions to insure accurate tracking and monitoring.
- Conduct web-based and phone-based product training for rental inquiries and orders
- Provide support to sales and marketing for demonstration units including calibration, application support and general working proficiency
- Strong preference for prior experience in Raman, FTIR and NIR spectroscopy or related analysis tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including communications with a global, culturally diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated high degree of customer service and care aptitude
- Strong technical or scientific aptitude with keen desire for learning and advancement
- A natural problem solver with tenacity, collaborative negotiation and strong resolve
- Strong cross functional skills, with the ability to create consensus and buy-in.
- Energetic individual who is looking to advance their career in technical engineering, application development or field engineering
- Prior experience in a customer or technical support organization
- Advanced knowledge of networking topologies
- Ability to manage high stress customer situations
- Ability to be on a 24/7 after hours call rotation
- Bachelor of Science, or equivalent work experience in a materials science, physics, chemistry, electronics or related subject.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.