When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
This position will be remotely based in Minneapolis, MN.
The Territory Account Manager is responsible for selling instruments and consumables used by Pathology Laboratories to process and visualize human and animal tissues. This person will focus on exceeding sales quotas for the full product line within the assigned territory by selling to end user customers and key decision makers.
- Meets and exceeds assigned instrument and consumable sales goals / quotas within the assigned territory
- Identifies, qualifies, prioritizes and closes large sales opportunities
- Performs sales forecasting using Sales Force.com, and updates this database regularly as a part of thorough territory management
- Develops account specific strategies; executes tactically within assigned territory
- Fosters and grows positive customer relations; coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual is customer-focused and keeps the customer as the priority
- Operates within established expense budget
- Aligns with applicable Channel Partners / Distributors
- Attends state, regional, and national trade shows as applicable
- Monitors competitive activity and trends within the territory; fosters competitive solutions to meet assigned sales goals / quotas
- Drives applicable sales promotions within assigned territory
- Sells new products by establishing key customers relationships & understanding customer needs
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate required; MBA preferred
- Two (2) years demonstrated selling achievement (s) with preference of selling capital equipment and/or consumable types of products
- Individual with experience working with distributors and/or in the laboratory space highly preferred
- Demonstrated selling model training and experience preferred
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Computer proficient particularly in the Microsoft environment
- Self-starter, attention to detail, team player
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Minimum of 50% travel is required and expected
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com