When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Our Program Management Office (PMO) is seeking an R&D Project Manager who will manage projects to successful and timely commercial launch. Projects may begin from early feasibility or may involve extending the use or application of an existing product to a new market. Projects will be executed in accordance with Design Control procedures and the Phase Gate approval process. The Project Manager will contribute to the definition of project strategy and guide the project core and sub teams to deliver on project objectives.
What will you do?
- Develop project tasks, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements.
- Create, maintain and organize necessary documentation/records; responsible for the quality of project deliverables and documentation.
- Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs by collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments.
- Identify, document and communicate project risks and contingency plans.
- Track and communicate project status, plans, issues, timelines, action items, and budgets.
- Communicate, document, and archive project team activities and decisions; act as a primary contact for project team related information.
- Facilitate project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise scope management with consideration for the customer, team, and company needs.
- Promote a proactive, professional culture within the PMO and contribute to the group’s success.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the PMO processes, related SOPs, and supporting materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- 5 years industry experience including 2 years experience in progressively more responsible Project Management roles.
- Previous experience in a regulated manufacturing environment. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
- Advanced understanding and ability adhere to established quality standards and regulatory compliance requirements for medical device or diagnostics.
- Technical skills in manufacturing techniques, FDA & GMP compliance, especially Design Control
- Proven ability to lead program teams from concept to market successfully.
- Strong understanding of product development challenges and methods for resolution. Ability to resolve most day-to-day issues and develop mitigation plans.
- Demonstrated skills using MS Project or related software for Project Management.
- Solid skills using MS Office, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and manage cross-functional teams, influence business partners and get results through others. High-level business acumen.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to work as a team player and team builder.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated experience using financial reports, budgeting and other related reporting tools.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.