Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We are fulfilling this Mission every day by helping customers around the world find cures for cancer, protect the environment, make sure our food is safe and develop other breakthroughs that improve millions of lives. Working as part of the Communications team for the Life Sciences Solutions Group, the Internal Communications Manager will be will be responsible for key communication programs and activities for the Biosciences business focused on connecting employees to our mission, business and each other. Biosciences is one of the largest businesses in the company and includes more than 2,500 talented employees around the world, all working together to develop innovative solutions that are at the core of the life sciences industry.
This role will focus on executing strategic communication initiatives including change management, leadership communications, customer success stories and employee/team/technology spotlights. The individual in this role will manage the businesses’ internal communications channels and mechanisms, and author and edit various feature stories, leadership messages, video scripts and town hall content to support the above initiatives. This person will maintain metrics for the various internal communications initiatives in order to drive decisions and create/modify approaches based on data. The position will also partners closely with the business’s HR organization to ensure a strong alignment and support of key culture programs and strategies. Additionally, the role will provide tactical support for specific external communications initiatives. This position will report to the Director of Internal Communications for the Genetic Analysis and Biosciences businesses.
- Work with the Director of Internal Communications to develop and execute internal communications initiatives that connect Biosciences employees to the Mission, business and each other.
- Provide communications support for Biosciences leadership team members
- Serve as liaison with other communication team members across the group in order to provide a connection point to division-specific information
- Partner with the change management function on developing materials and executing change management communications initiatives for Biosciences.
- Provides targeted support for specific external/Public Relations initiatives, in conjunction with the Director of External/Internal Communications for Biosciences.
- Working in conjunction with other team members, write, edit and deliver content for various Biosciences, HR or other group/company-side initiatives.
- Develop content including quarterly messages, town halls, video scripts and other deliverables as needed.
- Manages the internal communication mechanisms and channels for the business and ensures the appropriate metrics are maintained and analyzed.
- Works to create and disseminate customer stories related to Biosciences to employees.
- Writes, reviews and edits organizational announcements and other communication as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are followed.
- Manages items related to the overall group internal communications strategy as needed.
- Manage specific external/PR tactics and deliverables, as needed.
- Minimum 6-7 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on content development, project management and employee engagement initiatives.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to work with senior executives from across the organization.
- Experience in social media platforms, intranet content development and other communication technology.
- Experience in creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as needed.