The Synthetic biology marketing specialist will be responsible for synthetic biology applications (e.g. Genome editing, Oligo and gene synthesis) helping to drive growth in both the research and the relevant industrial markets. An ability to champion synthetic biology marketing strategy internally and externally is essential. The marketing specialist needs to communicate effectively with other members of the commercial and operational team to apply proper application-based strategies for key commercial processes such as pricing, promotions and product positioning to different market segments.
- Develop regional marketing campaigns and deploy global marketing campaigns to the region to support business growth
- Provide relevant and update market analysis and forecast for application areas;
- Integrate work flows with promotional, customer education and other programs to drive commercial growth;
- Define and drive proper pricing mechanism to the market, taking competitive landscape and channel structure into account;
- Understand the needs of the current and future customers for synthetic biology products;
- Align marketing resources to build up strong and consistent brand for synthetic biology products from Thermo Fisher Scientific;
- Support product development efforts to offer appropriate products to different market segments.
- Demonstrated understanding of commonly used synthetic biology or molecular biology techniques are required
- Prior field experience supporting customers using Oligo, gene synthesis or genome editing products is preferred
- Outstanding problem solving, communications and interpersonal skills
- Committed to contribute as a team member in a fast paced, goal driven and dynamic field
- Self-starter, proactive work ethics. Able to work independently with limited day-to-day supervision of the manager.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel as scheduling demands
- Strong evidence of ability to implement and execute plans.
- Master or Doctorate Degree in Life Sciences desired with 2+ years of industry experience in biotech or life sciences marketing or product management related position.
- Fluent oral and excellent English writing skills, CET-6 or BEC-Vantage is preferred