When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Clinical Sequencing Division is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to develop next generation sequencing assays for use in clinical laboratories. Potential candidates will have strong experimental skills, a broad understanding of molecular biology and/or biotechnology, and an understanding of regulated product development, verification and validation. The ability to collaborate effectively as part of a cross functional team including R&D, Product Managers, Alliance Managers, Manufacturing and external partners is essential.
What will you do?
- Work in a molecular biology laboratory and perform experiments daily within a team
- Sample extraction and next generation sequencing library preparation
- Operation of the Ion Torrent PGM Dx System and other instrumentation
- Analysis of data analysis using Excel and/or JMP. Summarize study designs and results in PowerPoint for presentation to the team at group meetings
- Development of testing protocols and preparation of project reports
- Execution of product verification and validation studies
- Work in a fast paced environment with supportive teammates
- Actively participate in the team with a positive and proactive attitude
- BS Degree, 5+ years/ MS Degree, 3+ years of industry/academic experience
- Experience with Ion Torrent next generation sequencing technology
- Experience in extraction of DNA and RNA from FFPE samples
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods)
- Experience in IVD product development, clinical genetic testing, or core laboratory facility is a plus
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills.
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Basic knowledge of genomics
- Ability to follow molecular biology protocols and strictly adhere to all steps
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com