When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Content Marketing Manager for Molecular Biology will drive the development and execution of marketing programs by understanding our customers, developing content that customers value, and sharing it through channels that customers use. This experienced, dynamic, technical marketing manager will be a key member of the Molecular Biology Market Development team and will work with a broad team, across multiple programs, and support our regional partners to contribute to the overall growth of the Molecular Biology Business, globally.
What will you do?
- Understand the needs and preferences of both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate across programs, functions, and silos to develop and execute content strategy and tactical marketing plans to support marketing and business objectives.
- Develop content, or adapt existing content, that is technical and accurate but also bold and engaging.
- Create, edit, proofread, improve and adapt content to be specific for selected audiences and channels.
- Deliver engaging and valuable content to customers on a regular basis through various traditional, and non-traditional, channels.
- Select, create and/or adapt content and messaging that communicates complex ideas in a simple yet effective manner.
- Leverage experience, and a strong understanding of the buying journey, to present content to customers that is appropriate for where the customer is in the buying journey to drive them to conversion, thus driving revenue growth.
- Perform content gap analyses and work to fill identified gaps that will drive customers more effectively through the buyer journey.
- Work with creative services teams, and various matrix teams, to effectively curate and manage content assets enabling simple updates and repurposing to target relevant audiences.
- Routinely disseminate base knowledge, renewed learnings, and strategy/execution updates to increase the overall content marketing expertise of our entire team and guide their creation of appropriate materials to support the strategy and growth.
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Measure results of marketing activities, receive customer feedback and evolve program and content strategy to increase customer engagement and conversion.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- This position interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience developing technical marketing content within the life sciences, successfully implementing marketing plans, and interfacing with customers in molecular biology or the life sciences product area.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated technical or creative writing with the ability to simplify ideas and articulate through various media formats.
- Understanding of the buyer journey and ability to craft messaging appropriate for each stage of the journey.
- Strong business acumen, planning skills, analytical thinking, collaborative approach and customer focus are essential.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand and predict audience preferences and how to delight them.
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Advanced degree in biology, biochemistry or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for molecular biology reagents.
- Experience with promoting and selling molecular biology products.
- Content marketing experience.
- Digital and/or channel marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Experience working across a complex organization with many stakeholders.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com