When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position reports to the Manager, Logistics. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Under close supervision, receives, stores, and issues equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard by performing the following duties.
What will you do?
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
- Marks identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles.
- Distributes stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued.
- Cuts stock to size to fill order.
- Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments.
- Maintains inventory and other stock records.
- Pack/palletize orders in Shipping.
- Process sales orders in the manifest system.
- Run reports to verify shipment counts per carrier.
- Additional duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
- Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6 months related experience and/or training.
- Valid CA driver's license.
- Forklift certification desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to use a pallet jack and dolly.
- Ability to use a PC with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to perform data entry into an ERP system such as Oracle.
- Well organized and must have good communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.