When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
This position will be based in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
How will you make an impact?
This position will focus primarily in North America and partner with functional leaders to drive continuous improvements in day-to-day business processes through KPI Leadership, to include aligning and cascading Goal Trees to KPI Bowlers, Tiered Daily Management, Performance Management and coaching at all levels. Leverage project management expertise of the Practical Process Improvement Business System team to support and help execute or lead projects or Strategic Initiatives.
What will you do?
As part of the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System discipline, the individual will facilitate a wide range of lean tools, including, but not limited to, standard work, process and product 3P, value stream mapping, error-proofing, Kanban, material flow, and 8-step problem solving.
- Promote a learning organization that embraces continuous improvement and leverages the talent of the organization to execute the strategy and achieve its business and financial objectives.
- Provide ongoing PPI support to multiple teams and/or PPI Process Managers as directed.
- Execute at the appropriate levels using strategy deployment, Parent A3s, Project A3s and TTI Bowlers.
- Responsible for facilitating/enabling the implementation of the PPI Business System across the region, division and functions.
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Execute and mature KPI Leadership and the Lean Management System (tiered daily management systems, gemba walks, and leader standard work) and other coaching tools to transform the culture.
- Provides PPI Business System Program support through project traceability, pipeline building and productivity tracking and reporting. Utilize consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, operations or business.
- Lean Six Sigma, BB or MBB certification preferred
- A Continuous Improvement Expert with 5+ years of experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful project/program management and/or expertise in the following areas:
- Strategy deployment
- KPI Leadership and Lean Leadership (Daily Accountability, Visual Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Problem-solving in Kaizen events focusing on a formal program/process
- Solid foundation in root cause problem solving and value stream mapping.
- Strong project management and execution
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Able to travel domestically as needed, approximately 25%.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Project and program management expertise, PMP certification.
- Strong demonstrable background in delivering effective business management and driving business change through the use of data to drive business tactical decisions.
- High level of facilitation skills and both written and verbal communication skills, capable of adapting style and tone according to the situation, culture and audience.
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams. (i.e. Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, IT).
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com