When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The HR Director (HRD) is a strategic business partner to the Ion Chromatography Business Unit (BU) and is a key partner in driving the translation of business strategy to HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. This role will support the General Manager and their Leadership team in achieving business goals to hire, engage, and develop top talent and build the organizational design and capabilities required for short and long-term business success.
How will you make an impact?
- Strategic Focus: Develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business strategy and objectives.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Facilitates organizational diagnosis by utilizing predictive analytics and key performance indicators (KPI) to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities, process improvement, and culture.
- Change Leadership: Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions. Ensures actions align to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Develop robust talent management plans and drive culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Stays abreast of changes in HR law and important issues which could impact the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Evaluates requests and resources from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Partners with and guides Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities and processes throughout the business and region are core, common and consistent.
- Senior Human Resources generalist from a large multi-national company with 8+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR business partner supporting executives in a global business unit.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (i.e. Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Working knowledge of business fundamentals including ability to understand and interpret financials
- Ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Effective persuading and negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Must possess computer skills and analytical capability.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time, as needed.
- Must demonstrate and drive the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement (The Four I’s)